Have family fun as you follow the next very simple steps to immerse you and your family in a Christmas deco-making fun activity. The kids will be ecstatic that they have contributed to decorating the house for the holidays.
Items you will need
- Christmas gift wrappers, preferably multiple coloured ones.
- A pair of scissors for cutting
- Paper glue which holds fast
- Various paint colours
How to go about it
- Cut the Christmas gift wrappers into strips of different sizes. The sizes should be up to you but can range from 1,5cm x 6 cm to 3 or 4 cm x 10cm or so.
- Fold the strips once in half, width-wise and glue the two sides together so that the colourful side is the one outside.
- Glue together the ends of the first strip, maybe a half a centimetre depending on the size of the strip, so that it makes a ring.
- Get another strip and repeat step number 2, hook the second strip into the first ring before you glue together the ends so that you have two entwined rings.
- The third strip can be hooked to strip number one or two.
- Go on hooking and entwining the strips together, preferably following a certain pattern of your choice; for example a strip size pattern or colour pattern until you have a long chain that you can hang on the walls of your house like tinsel.
- If you have an artist; or someone aspiring to be one, among you; s/he can draw various Christmas associated symbols like Christmas trees, stockings, candy cane; baby in the manger, Santa Claus etc.
- Carefully cut out the symbols from wherever they are drawn from so that they are free standing.
- Join efforts in painting the symbols, you can use any colour you want to make it more fun like Santa Claus dressed in green and his elves in purple!
- If none can draw the symbols, you can cut off the pictures from your Christmas gift wrappers.
- You can use remaining strips from the wrappers, or make some more to connect the various drawings or pictures to the decorating chain at intervals.
- In the end, you should have your beautiful decorating chain with the various Christmas symbols to bring the festive cheer closer home.
- The most important thing, have fun while doing it!
What's your opinion?