Laundry Pods Poisonous

Warning: Laundry Pods Poisonous to Children

Warning: Laundry Pods Poisonous to Children

Laundry Pods Poisonous

It was supposed to be an invention that would make laundry day easier for families. Instead it has made it more dangerous. We are talking about laundry detergent pods. These little packets of soft liquid in a plastic pouch that you simply pop into your laundry without a need to measure were designed to make doing laundry faster and easier. But since they were also designed to have the plastic outer coating dissolve the moment they hit moisture, they have turned deadly in the hands of small children. Poisonings skyrocketed when these pods were first introduced. Kids put just about anything new in their mouths and so laundry pods poisonous to children would dissolve in their little mouths with disastrous results. Something needed to be done, and quickly.

Laundry Pods Poisonous Appeal

Laundry pods, with their bright colors and clear plastic coatings, look appealing. They were supposed to look appealing to mothers who chose them. Instead it began to look like they also appealed to small children who could mistake the packets of bright squishy color for some kind of candy. In an effort to mask this appeal manufacturers changed the packaging to be opaque. Despite the effort, the number of children poisoned by these laundry aids continues to be in the thousands each year. An average day at U.S. poison centers sees 31 incidences of children eating laundry pods poisonous contents and the numbers continue.

Treat Poisons Like Poison

But if changing the appearance isn’t helping bring down the incidence of laundry pods poisonous affect on kids, what can a parent do to protect their kids? Experts are saying that parents need to learn to lock these dangerous detergents in a high cupboard out of the reach of children. Treat them like they are the poisons they have proven to be and the likelihood of your own children experimenting with them will be that much less. And have on hand the phone number to the American Association of Poison Centers Control (800-222-1222) just to be safe.

What's your opinion?

Total 0

Leave a Reply