Working hard to bring home the bacon and get it on the table before bedtime? Try our recipe for an easy, healthy “Busy Mom’s Amazing Chicken”. It’s exactly what it sounds like. Kids of all ages and parents alike will ask for seconds and there will still be enough for leftovers!
Busy Mom’s Amazing Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoondried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or 1teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 6 new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans
- Mix oil, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Grate 1 tablespoon lemon peel from lemon; add zest to oil mix
- Cut lemon into 1/4ths, insert into cavity of chicken
- Place chicken, breast side up on a rack in shallow roasting pan; spoon or brush oil mixture onto chicken
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes in 375 oven
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, and green beans around chicken; brush chicken and vegetables with oil mixture; roast uncovered 30-45 minutes or until juice of chicken runs clear
- Remove and discard lemon
- Place chicken on platter, arrange vegetables around chicken
- Serve with pan drippings for a delicious chicken feast!
What's your opinion?